The Martin Family

The Martin Family

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Reason For Everything

I was supposed to go to Anchorage tonight. (an hour away) However, plans fell through and so my evening became free. I ended up going to the store, a little bummed about the evening. As I was walking through the isles of groceries, I found myself following a guy and girl holding hands. As I watched them from the back I had the feeling that I knew the guy. I couldn't see his face, and he didn't even look familiar from behind, yet I found myself thinking about Justin.
Justin is my cousin. He and his sister were adopted by my uncle when he married their mother. They were divorced shortly there after. His mom took him and his sister and moved out of state. They returned when I was in high school and Justin and I became close. He, due to parental example, struggles with substances and has for years. But I love him just the same. He is so good at heart. I lost contact with him some years ago. Several months ago, my home teacher (a bale bondsman) noticed Justin had been arrested. When he notified me, I asked him to try and get Justin's info so that I could contact him. It was too late though, Justin had already been released. I found myself kind of hoping that he would get arrested again so that my home teacher would be able to intercept. Well, I guess it's good that he hasn't been arrested again.
So back to my story. I felt as though this man walking in front of me might be Justin, yet he didn't look like him. I found myself following the couple around the store, waiting for him to turn so that I could get a look at his face. It took a while, but he finally turned and looked my direction. As his eyes met mine, he looked at me like, "Wait a second, it's you!". I returned with a big smile and with a sigh of relief I said, "Justin". I bounced up to him giving him a big hug. I love him. He struggles, but who doesn't have their struggles. God has a reason for everything. If I had gone to Anchorage like I originally planned, I would not have bumped into Justin. I'm so grateful for how aware of me the Lord is. He's aware of all of us and there truly is a reason for every little thing that happens.

No comments: