The Martin Family

The Martin Family

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Chivalry Lives!

I was making a delivery for my dad yesterday at Furniture Enterprises in Anchorage. It was only one box. I was perfectly capable of getting the door. As I walked up to the door in the back of the building, a man who was there to pick something up, went out of his way to open the door for me. I smiled real big a thanked him. I love being treated with respect and it doesn't make me feel weird at all. After I thanked him he said one thing to me, "Chivalry Lives!" That was it. "Chivalry Lives!" I don't know who that guy was, he was a little older, but I thought, "Wow, that's awesome. We need more people like that." Chivalry really does live, we just need to prove it. I walked lighter for the rest of the day and felt like a million bucks, all because someone did something as simple as open my door. Guys, "Chivalry Lives!" Use it!
P.S. In all fairness...Ned, you're awesome!

No comments: