The Martin Family
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Not My Monkey
I have struggled recently with someone close to me. I feel misjudged by him and am not sure how to approach it. He's quite the unapproachable person. I talked with my uncle Clark about it. He's been through the same things I'm going through. He told me, "Jenn, just look at him and say, It's not my monkey." When something is hanging on us, what animal would we say it is? A monkey. Monkeys tend to hang on us. So do a lot of things. In this case, what I'm going through in my life is something that this person doesn't support or agree with and so it bothers him. It became a monkey to him. However, it bothers him, not me. It's his monkey, not mine. And when he takes it out on me it's because he sees me as the cause of it, he tries to give me his monkey. But bottom line, it's not my monkey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment