The Martin Family
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
It's A Small World After All
I struggled Sunday with the desire to attend my church meetings. I forced myself to go. I was so angry by the end of church, I just loaded my kids in the car and cried. The adversary was really working hard on me. There was a CES fireside that night in Anchorage. (an hour away) I wasn't going to go because it's so hard on my kids, Sunday is already a long day for them. My parents felt I needed to go though, so they took my kids home and I rode in with Bishop and his wife to the fireside. Boy am I glad I went. The fireside was awesome, Elder Bednar's talk was fantastic. But even more fantastic, I made the goal to meet someone new. Holy cow did I meet someone new. His name is Ned. He looked familiar to me but I knew I didn't know him. He just looked like someone but I wasn't quite sure who. I asked his last name. Long story short, he's the younger brother of a man who served his mission here in Alaska when I was like, a freshman in high school. His brother had returned to Alaska to visit some years ago and stayed at my house. My family was particularly close with him as a missionary. So, Ned is his 26 year old brother, is living up here while serving in the Air Force. I couldn't believe it. Small world huh? We had so much fun talking. That was just what I needed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment