The Martin Family

The Martin Family

Thursday, February 8, 2007

My Superpower

I was asked recently, "If you could have one superpower, what would it be?" I've never been a fan of this question mainly because I was never satisfied with your typical superpowers. Well, this time when I was asked, something immediately came to my mind. I would lift the veil. Not to have a perfect knowledge of the truth, I don't doubt the gospel. I would lift the veil so that I could see people. People are my life, my loved ones sustain me. I would want to visit those who have passed on. But that's not the end of my superpower story. Throughout the week I thought about my answer. I've changed my mind. I wouldn't choose to lift the veil, I would choose to remove the natural man from me. I think of my Savior bleeding and suffering for all of our sins and knowing that I contributed and still contribute breaks my heart. I know that it needed to happen, but if I could stop adding to the pains, I definitely would. So...be gone with you Natural Man!

No comments: