The Martin Family

The Martin Family

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What's in the Water?

I just bumped into Jana at school.  Tears started flowing again.  First Kayla, now Jana.  I think I might be contagious, I sat with both of them all through winter semester last year.  I don't like what they are going through.  I hate it actually.  I wish I could take it away from them.  I wish I could go through it for them because I've been there and I know I can handle it.  I was watching the Biggest Loser last night.  It was the beginning of the season.  It's all about people needing a second chance.  One girl that they have on there was married and had a 5 yr old daughter and a 2 week old son.  On October 13th 2006 (Ironicallly Kaya's due date, and Friday the 13th) this womans husband and children were killed in a car accident.  She was left alone.  As I watched her throughout the show you could see the pain that she feels, yet you could also see a huge amount of strength in her spirit.  I just kept thinking, "that's why the Lord had her go through that, because she is strong enough."  I keep telling Kayla that.  She always asks "why", she cries because she doesn't feel strong enough.  So here's some logic for you Kayla...
       ~You ARE strong enough!  You CAN do this!  I was once told that we attract the people that are most like us.  Kayla, you keep telling me how strong I am.  Guess what?  I sat with you and Jana the entire semester because I was attracted to your spirits.  You and I are very much alike.  You are strong.  And the Lord knows you can do this.  Cry all you need to, He doesn't judge the tears.  One day at a time.  I'm always here.~

And for heaven's sake, could we all stop drinking the water?

1 comment:

Kayla MEars said...

You are the most amazing friend anyone could ask for!! Thanks you for that, and for always being here for me!! I love you!!
Kayla