Another Sunday and I'm left with the feeling of what's the point? The pains of motherhood bombard me as I prepare my children for church week after week. I understand that all mothers go through those times of looking for lost dress shoes, putting children in time out all through Sacrament meeting, and having to change outfits two or three times before church simply because something got on it. I needed a point today... a reason to even attend church.
The closing hymn in Relief Society today was 219. Turn the page and you have my favorite hymn, 221, Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd. Trisha (my awesome friend) was sitting next to me and I pointed out to her that 221 was my favorite. The pianist had stepped out of the room and so Trisha filled in for the closing hymn. After the closing prayer, I began to gather my things when I heard the music. Trisha was playing Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd. I put my bag back on the floor and opened the hymnal so I could follow along. I sat there in the most peaceful moment of my day, thanks to Trisha.
Trisha is pretty in tune. She had noticed before church even started that I was pretty frazzled. When she mentioned something to me, my response was, "You know, just another Sabbath morning as a single mother." I just wanted to cry, and I did. As I listened to the most beautiful sound of my day, tears filled my eyes.
The words are so calming to me. Every time I read them, I can feel the love the Savior has for me and I long for His embrace.
I'm just so tired.
I want to be in His arms again.
I want to feel the relief.
I need to feel Him beside me.

2 comments:
I love you and miss you. You are such a wonderful spirit! I always feel so close to our Father in Heaven when I read you. Ryker is growing up to be such a handsome amazing young man. Thank you for helping want to try harder.
Jenn! Just went to your info on fb to see where you are at these days and found this blog. When I saw this pic of christ and this little girl it almost made me cry. WHere is it from? I must find it! I hope you are having a good day:) kaliponder@gmail.com
Post a Comment