Yesterday was crazy busy. As the evening grew closer, I thought to myself, "Where did the day go?" I still had many things on my list of to-do's which there was no way I was going to accomplish them before passing out. I sat down at my computer, ready to do some homework, and my cell phone rang. My guardian angel was on the line. Our lives have been pretty busy lately and communication has been few and far between, so I was pretty excited to see his name on the caller ID. I answered and was only able to speak with him for a few minutes before Ryker insisted on talking to him. Ryker adores this man, he has even named his guinea pig after him. Ryker was loving talking to him, the hard part was getting Ryker to let me have a turn. After several minutes I finally regained possession of the phone. I'm not going to share the conversation with you. That's not why I'm writing this entry. The reason why I'm telling you this story is because I want you to go back to my entry on March 28, 2007 title, My Guardian Angel. Since March 28, 2007, I have spent much time on my knees praying that my angel would be blessed with an angel of his own. Many times I have wished that I could be that angel, and many times I have realized that I'm not. So my prayers continued in hopes that he has an angel out there somewhere. He needs one, he's earned one, he deserves one.
Last night I was able to share some thoughts with him in hopes that it would help bring what it was he was looking for. As I was reaching the end of my "sermon", he stopped me and asked me if I remember him saying a long time ago, that he knows that he's my guardian angel, but who is his guardian angel? He expressed his need for one. Someone to be there for him, with just the right words. I most definitely remembered him telling me this. That's when I wrote my March 28, 2007 entry. My heart ached for him ever since then. He then said, "Jenn, thanks for being my angel." I broke down. Tears were streaming as I forced my sobs into silence. I was so humbled by the power of prayer. Finally I was able to repay a small portion of the great peace he has brought to me. What I did last night was nothing compared to what he has done for me. But the small act meant the world. My angel status may be just for the night, but I will take it... graciously.
Angels are everywhere. Everyone on this earth takes a turn being an angel for someone else. It's one of Heavenly Father's greatest gifts. I'm so grateful for the angels that He has sent to me throughout my life. I'm humbled that He has allowed me to be an angel every now and then. And I will always, ALWAYS be thankful for Jonathon, my guardian angel.

3 comments:
I wish I could have a real angel that would Take me and my girls right to heaven. No death but just straight to heaven! Somewhere where we can never get hurt again. And no one there would ever want to hurt us! I think we deserve that! No more hurt, not a life time of more pain!
DANG JENN!!!! That picture is amazing!
And the post was much appreciated
Post a Comment