The Martin Family
Monday, January 29, 2007
Stop Convincing!
I have a terrible habit of feeling like I need to convince people that I'm worth loving. I suppose when it comes so naturally for someone to not love me, it's easy for that habit to form. I deserve to be chased, desired, pursued, however you want to put it. Everyone deserves that. As soon as someone pays any attention, I jump at the chance to prove to them what I'm worth. Should I really be PROVING, or should I let them see me when they feel like seeing me? Is that enough, to see me when they feel like it? Ultimately, I want someone to see me. I want to know that I'm being seen and that they won't go away when they realize what they've seen. They will always be there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Johnny Lingo saw beauty and worth when it was hidden in a quiet and somewhat homely young lady. He was so perceptive that he did not need her to prove to him how much she was worth.
As for you, you are a very beautiful young lady. You have talent beyond measure. Your fun loving and bubbly personality is incredible. I have heard many speak of you like this. Do not feel you need to prove yourself to someone in order to win their love. Let them see who you are, what you are, what you stand for, and let them feel your warm spirit and strong testimony.
Anyone looking for a "virtuous woman" (Proverbs 31:10-29) will see you as the eternal grand prize they have wanted all their lives.
It is sad that you have had to suffer so much, but there is a young man out there that will be eternally greatful that you are available for him.
Your friend,
Dad
Post a Comment