The Martin Family
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Dear Father
So much to say. I'm struggling this Christmas season. Ryker is going to be gone for 2 weeks. I've done my fair share of crying in the shower. I'm doing everything I can to summon extra strength. Jonathon wrote a final paper for one of his classes, it was a letter to God. He was telling me that as he wrote this paper, he realized that "Gratitude is the antidote for sorrow." I've decided to write a letter to God myself. I'm trying so hard to focus on being grateful. I've had a neat opportunity to gain one more thing in common with my Heavenly Father recently. He gave his son, sent him away to a harsh environment. I can only imagine how that truly felt for him, knowing that it had to be that way. Having to stand by and watch as the Savior was mocked, beaten, and crucified. Sending Ryker away for Christmas is nowhere near what Heavenly Father experienced. But I know that He has felt my pain and that brings me comfort. Ryker is going where the spirit is not in the home. Good morals and good habits are not a part of the lifestyle that he will be around. I pray that he will have at least a small portion of the strength that the Savior had while in the midst of iniquity. Dear Father, please bless my son with the strongest armor you can give. Bless him with thy spirit, comfort him, shield him. Bring him home safe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jenn- I sure love you and my heart goes out to you. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to have to deal with what you are. You are a strong woman! I know this is like 2 months late, but I hope everything went ok and that Ryker got home safe to you. Hang in there and keep smiling.
Post a Comment